What is Organic Roman Chamomile?
Chamamelum nobile, commonly known as Camomile, or “Roman Camomile” can be commonly found cultivated in gardens in North America, Europe, and Argentina. This flower is the source of an herb that millions use worldwide in a broad category of products.
Roman Chamomile is often used for homeopathic medicinal purposes. It can also be used in cooking and drinks as either an extract or as an essential oil to enhance the flavor.
Although commonly incorporated in food, drink, and medicine, Roman Chamomile can frequently be found as an ingredient in many soaps, perfumes and cosmetics where it contributes to both fragrance and aroma.
Organic Roman Chamomile refers to Chamomile grown, cultivated and processed without the use of harsh chemicals, pesticides, artificial fertilizers or other synthetic compounds.
The Benefits of Organic Roman Chamomile
Although further research is needed, traditional folk, Eastern and homeopathic medicine have relied on this herb for a number of uses including:
- Aid with indigestion, gas or nausea
- Wound healing (sores and ulcers)
- Relief from anxiety
- To treat skin conditions such as rashes or eczema
- As an anti-inflammatory aid for pain relief
- Inducing a calm, restful state that may aid with sleep
How to Use Organic Roman Chamomile
Due to its versatility, this herb can be prepared and used in a number of ways and mediums including but not limited to:
- Aromatherapy: by way of diffusion, candles or spray
- Topically: by way of oils, creams, gels or compress
- Ingestion: in teas, drinks or other health aids